Hi there! It’s me, Melissa!
I am the founder and lover of Little Bird Flies. I am a registered nurse/midwife, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), certified international doula, childbirth educator, optimal maternal positions and pelvic alignment ambassador. I have a background in somatic and holistic practices, nurturing the nervous system and working with previous birth trauma. I also spend time mentoring young midwives and aspiring doulas.
I live and breathe birth, the nurturing of women and creating community for mothers and birthworkers. I work in the space of healing and unravelling throughout pregnancy so that you can enter motherhood with unwaivering confidence, self-love and power.
Every woman has the capacity to bring their baby earth-side with complete trust and knowing in their body, sometimes it just takes a little loving guidance.
As a midwife of 9 years and as a doula who has studied and experienced a range of holistic practices, I draw on a blend of ancient traditions and evidence-based information to bring individualised support to every woman and family I work with, no matter where they are at on their journey. I see the importance of addressing all aspects of the birthing journey, ensuring mum is prepared physicially, emotionally and psychospiritually. I am constantly immersing myself in the latest evidence from around the world and delving deep into the practices of ancient and indigenous cultures. I like to work with both eastern and western practices of medicine whilst deeply listening to the individual and their needs.
I offer Hypnobirthing Australia’s 2 day Positive Birth Course, as well as prenatal and postpartum guidance consultations, individualised full-spectrum doula support (pregnancy, birth and postpartum), individualised breastfeeding consults, bespoke consultations and birth trauma debriefing and support. I provide both in-person and online support so that anyone, anywhere in the world has the opportunity for empowered pregnancy, birth and postpartum education and guidance with me.
Professional Training and Qualifications
- Registered Nurse/Midwife, 2014
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), 2023
- Certified Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner, 2019
- Certified Breastfeeding Specialist- 100hr Lactation Consultant Enriched Training Course.
- Internationally Certified Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum Doula, 2021
- Optimal Maternal Positions Ambassador, 2019
- Tantric Birth: The art of Sacred Sexuality with Naoli Vinaver, 2023
- Holding Ceremony and Sacred Space with Kin of the Fiain Danu, 2023
- Loka Yoka Breathwork Teacher Training, 2023
- Internal Family Systems Informed, IFS Circle (in-training)